Yep it’s that time of year again when you delve into your wardrobes and dust off those Christmas party frocks….but wait! This dress is SO last year…mmmh…..it needs a little something…. So here’s some snazzy shoe suggestions, guaranteed to jazz up any outfit and particularly good with the trusty old LBD.
- The Subtle Gold Shoe – These loafers are so cute. The block heel is just enough to give you that all important length to the pins with also being comfy enough to strut your stuff on the dance floor! They are a really pretty pale gold which would go perfectly with all the Christmassy colours without you looking like you have two baubles on your feet. They would look equally at home thrown on with a velvet dress or a pair of cigarette pants. A bargain at £30 to boot! Available online at ASOS.com.
- The Alternative Seasonal Shoe – From the platform king himself, Terry De Havilland, they are on the more expensive side but worth every penny. I adore the peacock blue colour. The heel is high so not for the faint hearted. A dinner shoe if ever I saw one. They would look amazing with tights in the winter months and sun kissed bare legs in summer. A great all rounder. £90 (in the sale) available from ASOS.com.
- The Statement Christmas Shoe – These zebra print shoes from Top Shop Unique are a real winner. A stand out pair that will make that tired LBD shine again. I love the contrast of the high back and the deep V. Just add a red lip for Cruella De Vil glamour! £150 available online at topshop.com
- The Smack-you-in-the-face Glitter Shoe – For the gal who WANTS two baubles on her feet! Pretty much Christmas in a shoe! The entire shoe including the heel is covered in silver glitter. You gotta love that! I really dig the double ankle straps which would look spot on with some 100 denier black tights and a 60’s inspired black mini dress. £49 available online and in store at Top Shop.
- The Sophisticated Velvet Shoe – If you want to make a little nod to the festive period and update your footwear collection without spending a fortune, then these are the ones for you. Granted, they are navy, so some would argue that they couldn’t be worn with black (Personally I love a clash so would wear them regardless). This sumptuous pair would look rather grand at New Year, paired with a silver metallic pleated midi skirt and a thin grey turtle neck. Being from Marks and Sparks they also have”Insolia” which redistributes your weight away from the balls of your feet. Beautiful AND practical! £29.50 available online and in store at Marks and Spencer.
Follow Charley (@ThriftyFashionMum) over on Instagram for her OOTD and her take on all things fashion and beauty.